10 oz fresh milk
1 ½ oz rice flour
1 tablespoon ground almond
1 can ( 14 oz) evaporated milk
3 strands saffron
2 oz sugar
1 tablespoon rose water
1 tablespoon ground cardamom
1 ounce flaked almonds
1 oz dried apricots, finely chopped
- Put the fresh milk into a heavy-based saucepan over a medium heat.
- Mix the ground rice and ground almonds together and sprinkle evenly over the milk.
- Bring the milk to the boil, stirring frequently.
- Add the evaporated milk and sugar, stir and cook over a low heat for 6-8 minutes.
- Add the strands of saffron
- Remove from the heat and allow the mixture to cool-stirring occasionally to prevent a skin forming on top.
- Stir in the rosewater and the ground cardamom.
- Reserve a few almonds, pistachios, and apricots for garnish, and stir the remaining ones into the pudding.
- Transfer the firni into a serving dish and top with the reserved fruit and nuts.
- Serve hot or cold.